Generic Teaching Assessor - South Yorkshire/ Humber
Generic Teaching Assessor - South Yorkshire/Humber
£23000 - £25000 pa + travel expenses and other Benefits
Our client is a leading, well established grade one training provider with bases across the UK offering a range of apprenticeships and employability programmes. They currently have a requirement for a one year contract for a Trainer/Assessor to cover Business Admin, Customer Service, Team Leader and Management at various locations across South Yorkshire and Humber
The purpose of this role is to provide a varied programme of delivery in line with the required qualification specifications and offer an integrated programme of teaching, training, support mentoring and development of learners in this region.
• Engagement with employers and learners to deliver a quality service – meeting KPIs set for starts, new sign ups, leavers and learner progression through to completion of qualifications.
• Deliver qualifications across a range of awards where occupationally competent in accordance with the Quality Assurance process
• Effectively maintain a caseload of learners (at agreed and specified level)
• Highlight and where appropriate deal with learner issues and provide focussed learner support, and identifying and providing additional learning support where required
• Develop and use a range of techniques and resources tailored to learner’s individual needs – supporting them throughout their learner journey towards successful achievement and completion of qualifications.
• To also be accountable for sourcing each month an agreed number of Learner Starts (either for themselves or colleagues)
• Identify new opportunities, referring learners as required to further progression, maximising direct delivery opportunities and maintaining caseloads.
• Ensure all quality and compliance processes are fully adhered to in order to mitigate risks to funding and success rates
Experience and Qualifications required
• Relevant Vocational NVQ Level 2 and 3
• L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
• Sector knowledge and experience
• Geographically able to work with learners in a required area
• D32/33/A1 or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
• Knowledge on Qualification Credit Framework
• Knowledge and understanding of appropriate quality and compliance frameworks e.g. Common Inspection Framework and Matrix
• Knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery
• Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets
• Strong awareness and proactive approach to Health & Safety issues
• Able to monitor and maintain records
• Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level
• Competent in the delivery Maths and English up to level 2
• Full driving licence and full access to the use of a car (not necessarily required for London region)
• Knowledge of Government Funding streams including SFA, JCP, RDA, ESF, and private funding etc.
• Working knowledge of H&S legislation and employment law
• Skilled in customer and employer engagement liaison
• Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specifications
• At least PTLLS or other Teaching qualifications are desirable
• Demonstrate up to date occupational competence
The salary on offer is £23000 - £25000 pa + travel expenses (25p per mile) and good big company benefits (including 36 days AL). A satisfactory DBS Disclosure check is required due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
If you are interested in this teaching opportunity and have the required qualifications experience please email your cv to Cheryl Maroney or Catherine Leonard at Morello Recruitment quoting M12071.
Morello Recruitment Solutions are acting as an Employment Business in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are a specialist, independent agency, recruiting for the Skills, FE and Welfare to Work Sectors, on a temporary and permanent basis for London and across the UK.
Location: South Yorkshire/ Humber | Salary: £23000 - £25000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 05/12/2018