Residential Child Care Assessor - South /Surrey
Trainee Residential Child Care Assessor South (Surrey)
£22,665 pa + travel expenses
Our client seeks to appoint a Residential Child Care Assessor to join their team in Surrey to assess learners undertaking apprenticeships in Adult and child care. The role will be based at their new offices in Sutton from January 2019 with assessment of students to be held at their residential school in Surbiton.
The post-holder will work with the Training Supervisor and the Training Team to support the provision of an effective and efficient Learning and Development service across the group.
The successful candidate will assess and give guidance to internal candidates on Diploma qualifications in the L2 / L3 Adults and Children NVQs and Induction/Care standards. This will involve managing a caseload of up to 40 candidates and supporting their ongoing progression and completion, within agreed timescales.
• Create and maintain individual candidate assessment plans.
• Assist candidates to interpret performance criteria and evidence requirements, assessing.
• Output against performance criteria and providing feedback on candidates’ performances.
• Support performance and progression in order to achieve target dates for completion.
• Maintain accurate and up to date candidate records, available for review by the Internal Verifier.
• Attend external verification meetings and regular team and standardisation meetings with L&D colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of work product.
• Manage and record own Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and maintain occupational competence in subject area
• Support the delivery of training courses across the Group
Essential Experience Skills & Qualifications
• Full driving licence – this is essential for the role
• Work experience in a residential childcare environment, together with a L2/L3 residential Health & Social Care (Children & young people)
• Ideally experience of caseload management and familiarity with behavioral support programs
• Understanding of workplace competency based qualifications and assessor / IQA system
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with ability to work across teams and create proactive working relationships
• Excellent IT, written and verbal skills
• Able to plan and manage own time to meet deadlines and objectives and ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
• Ability to create and manage a variety of candidate portfolios
Desirable skills & qualifications
• Recognised Assessor award (e.g. TAQA, D32/33, A1)
The successful applicant will be offered a remuneration package that will consist of a basic salary of £22,665 per annum as well as comprehensive training and other company benefits such as; Pension, Life Assurance, Child Care Voucher Scheme and travel expenses
Enhanced DBS will be required and taken up by the employer.
If you are interested in joining this leading training provider then please apply online to Morello Recruitment Solutions, quoting M12014
Morello are acting as an employment agency in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are an independent, specialist agency recruiting, across the UK, for the FE, work based learning, welfare to work and guidance sector.
Location: Surrey | Salary: 22665 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/01/2019