Advanced Teaching and Learning Practitioner- Construction - UK
Construction Apprenticeship/Curriculum Lead - Nationwide
£30000 - £34000 pa + travel expenses and other Benefits
Home Based role
Our client is a leading, well established grade one training provider with bases across the UK offering a range of apprenticeships and employability programmes. They currently have a requirement for a full time permanent Advanced Teaching and Learning Practitioner in Construction. This role will require travel on a national basis.
The purpose of this role is to develop best and innovative practice in teaching and learning techniques, curriculum and extended resources in Construction ensuring all programmes are of a high quality and fit for purpose. To lead on curriculum development for the sector and along with IQA staff ensure all schemes of work, session plans, resources and materials are in place to deliver high quality, innovative programmes. To support and develop the Construction teaching assessors.
• Enhancing the quality of the Construction curriculum at all levels through carrying out quality assurance activities.
• Demonstrate and disseminate innovation and best practice in teaching, learning and assessment across all levels of the Construction curriculum
• Carry out observations of all learner interactions in line with company observation policy and process with a focus on Construction programmes at all levels
• Achieve the required standard of lesson observations and improve the overall grading profile
• Support and develop teaching assessors and identify any performance issues
• Ensure all learners receive the support they require to meet their individual learning needs and are fully prepared for end point assessment achieving their highest possible grade.
• Working in collaboration with the Functional Skill Lead on the embedding and promotion of English and maths across all Construction curriculum areas
The successful application will be able to demonstrate:
• Self management – manage workload effectively
• Relationship management – develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Clients, Partners, Sub contractors and all key stakeholders.
• Customer and Employer focused – committed to understanding client aspirations, supporting their needs.
• Strive to improve practice to be creative and innovative and work towards continuous improvement
It is essential that you have:
• Occupational expertise and extensive experience of working within the Construction sector and as an experienced practitioner within this sector.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a teaching, learning and assessment role within the adult/further education/work-based learning sector
• Experience of Apprenticeships provision
• Teaching qualification such as a Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent or working towards (PGCE, Cert Ed, DTLLS)
• Assessor Award
• Full driving licence and own car, with the ability to travel on a nationwide basis
And desirable that you have:
• Experience of working within the Higher Education sector
• Subject specialist qualification in English/Mathematics
• IQA qualification
The salary on offer is between £30000 and £34000 pa + travel expenses (25p per mile) and good big company benefits (including 36 days AL). A satisfactory DBS Disclosure check is required due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
If you are interested in this teaching opportunity and have the required qualifications experience please email your cv to Cheryl Maroney or Catherine Leonard at Morello Recruitment quoting M11786
Morello Recruitment Solutions are acting as an Employment Business in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are a specialist, independent agency, recruiting for the Skills, FE and Welfare to Work Sectors, on a temporary and permanent basis for London and across the UK.
Location: UK wide | Salary: £30000 - £34000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 06/11/2018