Tutor: Construction Management L6 - South East
Tutor: Construction Site Management L6 - South East
£31000 - £34000 pa + travel expenses and other Benefits
Our client is a leading, well established grade one training provider with bases across the UK offering a range of apprenticeships and employability programmes. They currently have a requirement for a full time permanent Tutor to cover Construction Site Management up to L6 teaching at various locations across the South East including London, Essex and Kent.
The purpose of this role is to provide a varied programme of delivery in line with the required qualification specifications and offer an integrated programme of teaching, training, support mentoring and development of learners in this region. The apprentices are in Trainee Site Management and Trainee Quantity Surveying roles but are on the same qualification pathway.
• To work with learners giving practical instruction and vocational experience in site management/quantity surveying in construction by teaching and assessing. Ensure that the learners have an effective learning experience by providing high quality guidance and advice and by enhancing their knowledge retention, progression and employability skills.
• Plan, review and deliver practical quality sessions giving comprehensible instructions to learners. Development of course delivery material. Produce schemes of work, lesson plans and other content for training delivery and to maintain these materials to a high standard. To liaise with line managers on visit arrangements.
• Support and guide learners in achieving CSCS card and vocational qualifications where necessary.
• Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners and file learner’s documentation as required. Assess learners work and cross reference against standards
• Ensure learners achieve a construction qualification
• Understand and adhere to all responsibilities to ensure that the quality requirements and all other standards required by stakeholders are maintained.
Experience and Qualifications required
• Occupational competency in site management at NVQ level 4 and above with knowledge of quantity surveying
• Understanding of Health and Safety regulations within the construction industry.
• Experience of delivering training to a diverse audience including youth and potentially people with disabilities.
• Full clean driving licence.
• CSCS card (black preferably), Health and Safety Construction
• Understanding of training standards, OFSTED and quality compliance
• Evidence of supporting learner’s success
• Experience and ability to teach a broad base of construction
• Very good standard of oral and written communication: Numeracy and Literacy- GCSEs at grade A-C or equivalent
• Ability to deliver site induction and toolbox talks is desirable
• PTTLS or Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training is desired
• Level 4/5/6/7/ NVQ in Construction site management or similar related qualifications
The salary on offer is £31000 - £34000 pa + travel expenses (25p per mile) and good big company benefits (including 36 days AL). A satisfactory DBS Disclosure check is required due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
If you are interested in this teaching opportunity and have the required qualifications experience please email your cv to Cheryl Maroney or Catherine Leonard at Morello Recruitment quoting M11672
Morello Recruitment Solutions are acting as an Employment Business in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are a specialist, independent agency, recruiting for the Skills, FE and Welfare to Work Sectors, on a temporary and permanent basis for London and across the UK.
Location: South East | Salary: 31000 - 34000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 01/01/0001